Saturday, August 4, 2012

Tsuru Cont'd (excuse lame title)

I was going to blog after going to the Hanabi Taikai, but decided to do one right now so I don't end up making a long post again. Also, I'm too lazy to sub-title these XP sorry for the laziness!
  • We got a tour of the school by a few of the tutors. The school's really nice. It's pretty small, which is understandable. 
  • I've noticed that I've lost my sense of direction since I came to Japan. I'm still lost on where most things are at the school and in the city alone.
  • I got to see a dojo that was in their gym. Pretty  legit! Wish I took a picture, but I completely forgot ><
  • After the tour we went back to city hall. Another long and painful walk... we went their to pick up our cards.
  • The next day we didn't really do anything. I can't even remember what I did that day... probably sitting in my apartment watching the only few channels that we get. You find some really interesting things, though :P
  • Oh wait, I remember what I did that day (which was a Thursday, btw). During the day I did pretty much do nothing. Later that night I had dinner at one of the EAP student's apartment and had Japanese Zuchinni and Onions. とってもおいしかった!I got to know two of the EAP students more and they're really awesome people :)
  • After dinner we headed next door where a bunch of the other EAP students were having a study group for the placement test tomorrow.
  • The next morning we all headed back to the school to take our placement test. To be honest, it was easier than I had anticipated. The only part that was really difficult was the 2nd part of the grammar. Even the interview part was super easy. I was actually hoping it'd be harder so they'd know how terrible my speaking really is ><
  • We were supposed to meet up with a few of the tutors at the lounge about our cellphones, but a few of us couldn't make it because the interview part was individual so it took awhile. So, I wasn't able to apply for a cellphone yet.
  • Later that night we went out to karaoke with one of the tutors! I've never gone out to karaoke not even in America so it was a fun first experience.
  • Everyone was so lively and energetic! Ryouta, the tutor who went with us, was super energetic whenever it was his turn to sing. It really was fun watching everyone :D (and no I didn't sing. My singing would damage people's ears ><)
  • Oh yeah, I ended up buying a drink called Oolong Hai. I chose it cause it was Oolong. I later found out it was an alcoholic drink lol I actually figured that after tasting it. It was good!!!

  • The next day, Saturday, we went to Ogino to pick out our Yukatas. They're so pretty! And cheap! The one I got is black with pink flower designs. I think it's cute =3 which is probably weird for some people I know because they know I'm not a very girly person >< lol
  • The Yukata was about ¥2,800. Super cheap in my opinion. Some tutors are stopping by today (Sunday) to help us put it on. A lot of EAP students are worried since they tried them and they were long. I'm not worried even though I'm the shortest of the bunch :P I've actually tried on my friend's yukata before and she's like twice my size.
  • After buying the Yukatas some of us went to Seria. I bought laundry detergent since I needed to do my laundry. (I reallly hope what I bought was detergent. It looks like it...)
  • It took me about half an hour to figure out how to use the washing machine. A few days earlier two tutors came by to teach me how to use it, but I've forgotten >< I've eventually figured out how to use it.
  • Since there's no drier I had to dry my clothes outside. That's when I learned that I didn't buy enough clothes hangers. So, I had to interchange them. Whenever one was dry I'd switch with a wet one. It was tough, because by the time I was done washing there wasn't much sun in the direction that my back balcony was facing. 
  • I need to remember to buy more hangers so I don't end up with the same problem. I'm drying some of my clothes again right now since there's more sun our. 
  • Yesterday night (that's Friday, hope you're not getting lost haha) I went to Mos Burger with a few of the EAP students. It's a fast food restaurant like McDonalds. Japan's known for small portions and man were those burgers small! But they were quality delicious! I had a fish sandwich which was pretty plain, but it was sooo good. Better than the ones I used to get at Wendy's. Their fries were good to. I think next time I go there I'm gonna try their Korean BBQ sandwich :3
  • After Mos Burger a couple of us went to a cake shop. The stuff they have is really cute and delicious looking :3 I bought something called スターダスト which I assume is Star Dust. I bought it because it was only¥105. It was really delicious!
スターダスト
  • Oh, I forgot to mention that I got help from one of the EAP students with ordering a cellphone online. Unfortunately there were a few technical difficulties so I have to try again. Hopefully, the next time I try it'll work and I won't have to worry about being phoneless for the rest of the time I'm here (it's super painful not having a phone or some sort of communication device on hand. Trust me, I've experienced that already....)

Well, that's it for now. Right now, I'm just waiting for the tutors to come by to help us put on the Yukatas and then we're heading out the the Hanabi Taikai!

No comments:

Post a Comment