Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Matsuri (festival) Prep and Other Happenings

So, this coming weekend there's a festival happening in Tsuru and we're participating in it! Well all, but 2 of us EAPers are participating. We'll be partaking in the parade (which I honestly am not looking forward to considering I'll be walking for 2 hours under the sun in clothes that will probably be hot). 6 of us are chamber maids which is what I will be. We have the easy part because all we have to do is wake, smile, and wave. Some people have to walk in a special way and some even have to dance while they walk. I'm glad we don't have to do that because that looks more tiring lol

We had our first meeting on Sunday. Everyone who's partaking in the parade were there. We met at the school gym. We practiced the parade walking along the court in the gym. I think we walked around 3 times before we finished. It was pretty hot in there. It was pretty awesome, though. Even though it wasn't the actual parade you still get a sense of how Japanese it's going to be. There were guys who were chanting on those speaker phone things. I love stuff like this so it made me happy :) I'm excited to see the real thing this weekend! Just not looking forward to me sweating and getting exhausted haha Also, this was our only practice. Not much is done anyway. I hope the guys can keep up with their dancing lol

The next day we got clothes that we're supposed to wear for Friday. All of us thought we were getting out clothes for the parade on Saturday, but apparently something else is happening on Friday. I totally forgot the name of the clothes that we're supposed to wear, but everyone is wearing the same things. I also get to wear tabi! Kind of ninja-like shoes x3 it's a shame we don't get to keep these clothes. Would have been awesome haha

Monday we had our midterm. I think I did pretty well on the Kanji part save for one that we totally did not just learn. I think I did bad on the grammar/reading part though =( I actually almost cried... I teared a little. I literally just stared at my paper and got frustrated because I couldn't even answer half of one page. I think the teacher knew I was frustrated because I kept rubbing my head in anger. Ugh.... I'm scared to get the results back =(

Tuesday we had our speeches. We wrote about our cherished/important item/story. I wrote about Luna, my dog. At first I thought there would be more people watching, but not much were there. That was a relief. I felt a little better since I didn't have to speak in front of a lot of people. But this isn't our only speech. We still have others and there will be more people watching... so not looking forward to that...

Tomorrow me and 6 others are going to an onsen (hot spring)! So excited! Not excited about bathing yourself in a public bath though.... You have to do that before entering the hot spring and usually the baths are shared by others. Same gender, though, so that's an upside. We'll see how this goes ><

No comments:

Post a Comment