Tuesday, August 14, 2012

(Non Study Abroad Post) Korean vs Japan Drama

Sorry, this post has absolutely nothing to do with study abroad. I just wanted to write about it somewhere XP Feel free to skip this part. You're welcome to read it if you're interested hahaha

Ok so I started watching Hana Yori Dango (the drama). To be honest, I never thought I would actually watch this drama because I've actually seen Boys Over Flowers (the Korean version) and liked that one. At first I didn't like how the guys looked in the Japanese ones, but the more I watch it the more I think how they look better than the Korean ones hahaha. I started watching this drama because of one actor. That's usually how I find stuff to watch. Like for anime I watch anime where my favorite seiyuu (voice actor) is in. For dramas it's actors. That actor is Oguri Shun. Before he didn't really catch my attention much. I think it was after watching Hana Kimi that I didn't really care since I don't like the Sano character. But a few days ago I decided to watch the original GTO drama which was back in 1998. Oguri was in it and he was 16 years old I think. OMG he was so adorable back then >< It's really surprising because all the dramas/movies I've seen him in before he always played the tough and cool character so it was different. After GTO I watched Summer Snows where he plays the younger brother of the main guy. He's weak in this one, too. And adorable! I seriously never thought I'd find myself thinking that lol Also, I think he's a pretty good actor. He did a good job in Summer Snow where you played a hearing impaired teen. Since his character can't hear he has to talk differently. I think he did a great job with that.
Anyway, back to HYD. So yeah, the reason why I decided to watch it is because of Oguri Shun. He plays the quiet and nice guy. In the Korean one, the character's name is Yoon Ji Hoo. Personally, I think Oguri looks way better and so far is doing a great job as the character. Also, he's so freaking adorable >< As I continue watching the drama I'm starting to like it more and more. The characters grew on me pretty quickly. The other two members of F4 haven't really stood out for me yet, though. I really like the main girl in the Japanese one. Also, the main guy isn't as annoying as his Korean counterpart. The hairstyle fits him better in my opinion lol Yeah, the characters grow on you pretty fast. Darn it,wondering why I didn't watch this sooner >< Well, back to watching :D

No comments:

Post a Comment