Monday, August 13, 2012

Tsuru river, more adventures, and the changing weather

Last Friday us EAPers and a couple of the tutors went to a River to hang out.

The river below the bridge
  • The river was soooo far..... Took about 45 minutes to walk there.
  • The scenery on the way there was really awesome, though. Got to see a variation of houses. Some modern and some traditional. 
  • The grasses are sooo green. I almost want to eat them lol
  • We passed by another river, but this one was bigger. We walked across a bridge over it. There was also a small waterfall in the distance. It was really beautiful
  • It was another maybe 15-20 minutes until we finally reached the river we were to hang out at.
  • There were a few people fishing at the river. Their fishing poles were long hah
  • There were also these scarecrow like things on the river. Not exactly what they're there for lol
  • A couple people swam into the river while others stayed dry or only put their legs in the water.
  • I helped take pictures so I only walked in as far as my legs can reach which wasn't far hahahaha
  • Those who swam went towards the back of the river where there was a really high wall. There were steps and so they used that to jump off and dive into the river.  I think I took some really good pictures of that lol
  • Later we played Suikawari!!! I've always wanted to play that game :D
  • Suikawari: It's a game where you put a watermelon on the ground. Someone will be blindfolded and given a big enough stick that can break the watermelon. The person must spin around the stick (I think 10 times?) then by being guided by everyone else must find their way to the watermelon and try to break it. It took 3 people to break the watermelon. It was fun! Oh, I didn't play. I was taking pictures haha
  • By the way, I took photos using someone else's camera so I can't really show them. Sorry!
  • We also found this really interesting bug that was chilling on one of the bigger rocks. No one knew what it was. A lot of the girls were very squeamish about it which was pretty natural. I wanted to hold it, but I didn't know what it was so I didn't touch it :P
  • The walk back felt longer since we were all tired and the fact that there were more uphills haha. I ended up taking more pictures (with my own camera) on the way back. I really love Tsuru. It may not be a big city, but it's very peaceful and calm.
  • I later found out that the bug was a Lobster Moth Caterpillar. Very interesting specimen.

 The following days I didn't really do anything too spectacular. I'll write about it anyway :P
  • Saturday we were all going bowling, but not everyone went. I didn't go either since it was pretty expensive (though cheap in a sense. 1800円 for 5 games, but then I didn't want to play that many games) plus they left really late and it was a long walk to the bowling alley.
  • Instead me and 2 others went to 7 11 to buy something to drink. There I found a shounen magazine and decided to buy it because it had a Fairy Tail poster (I love Fairy Tail!! ^^ ) and it was only 270円. Who wouldn't buy it? XD hahaha
  • We returned to the apartment and chilled in one of our rooms. We ended up watching Glee on tv. It was very interesting hahaha. It was dubbed but they kept the singing voices and only subtitled it. I might end up watching it every week lol
  • On Sunday I ended up waking up really early to watch Saint Seiya Omega on TV lol It was on at 6:30am in the morning. I watched Super Sentai and Kamen Rider after  ^_^ Yes, I'm a Tokusatsu fan :D and proud of it! Though, I admit I'm not very into the recent ones. I still watch them when I can, though.
  • I went out shopping twice that day. The first time I went with one other person to Seria which is kind of like a $1 store (not sure if I mentioned that already lol). This time we got time to actually look around without feeling rush. There's a bunch of really nice things in that store. You don't know how many times I said "omg that's sooo cute" XD hahaha, but seriously there were a lot of cute things in there! I bought a Stitch pencil pouch from there XD
  • Later we went out again with 2 others to go to Okajima which is another supermarket. We went to buy groceries. I bought some things for curry and onigiri :3 
  • The rest of the day I ended up watching GTO (1998) on my computer. It's been awhile since I've watched Japanese dramas, but on TV I saw the remake of GTO and I liked it. I've caught up with the current series so I decided to watch the older one. The older one is really nice. Highly recommended!
  • Monday was class again. After class we had an orientation for Mt. Fuji. That's right! We're climbing Mt. Fuji this Saturday!!! :D Super excited! But at the same time I don't want to go because it's going to be so tiring ><
  • The rest of the day I watched another drama. This time I watched a drama called Summer Snow. Such a great drama.  Has various themes dealing with the 5 main characters. I highly recommended this one, too! The pace is great and it's not a mushy mushy, typical romantic drama. It's rather old though (I think 2000?) but honestly, in my opinion, Japanese dramas were better back then. 
  • Afterwards I went to Ogino with another EAPer. On one of the Coin Toy Machines I saw Fairy Tail and, being the Fairy Tail fan that I am, decided to get one. It was 200円 but so worth it! I got a Natsu keychain :3 I have no where to put it right now, though :(
The weather has changed recently. It's been raining these past few days. It was actually a surprise for me because I thought it would be hot for the remainder of the summer. Actually, although it's raining it's still pretty humid. It's kind of a gross combination, but still better than humidity + heat. I bought an umbrella so no problems :) 
Well, that's it for now. Thanks for reading! \(^o^)/

No comments:

Post a Comment