Friday, December 14, 2012

Farewell Party + After Party

Farewell Party
Last night we had a Farewell Party at the cafeteria at the school. Us, the tutors, the coordinators, our host families, and friends were there. It was a fun and memorable day! There were some really fun entertainment like some of the ryugakuseis performing a dance for two tutors. The tutors' reactions were priceless! And the ryugakuseis did a wonderful job! We also danced to this dance that's used often at taisous in schools (you can look that up cause I'm lazy to explain it XP). I only watched the demonstration video once so I failed a lot lol We also gave our speeches about our experience and what we thought about the program. It got really emotional at the end. Oh yeah, at the beginning one of the head of the school presented us with certificates for completing our courses at the school. I know how it feels like to graduate at a Japanese school ;D even though it's technically not a graduation haha Our tutors gave us each a cardboard plaque with notes from each tutor and several pictures taken throughout the program. They are so awesome <3 I talked with my host family alot. They gave me a photo album. When I looked through it this morning I cried :( I'm going to miss them so much! They're my Japanese family and I'll definitely never forget them!

Sorry this is short. I'll probably edited this later.

After Party
Of course there was an after party. It was just us plus a couple of friends. There were actually 2 going on at the same time and people just went back in forth. It was at the same apartment complex so it was no biggie. One was where the crazy party was while the other was like where you go to relax (cause the person hosting that one has a kotatsu lol). I went to the crazy one first. I love that people don't force me to drink and don't pester me about not drinking. I did have a chuu-hi, but of course that's nothing compared to what people were drinking. This will also be the last time I'll witness these kind of parties. It was fun, though. The problem was that it was a small apartment and there were a bunch of people. Things started to thin out since people moved back and forth between parties. I ended up going to the other one after things got overwhelming. I just sat with my legs under the kotatsu. It felt very good. I want a kotatsu >.< I ended up staying there for a while. All of a sudden a bunch of people from the other party came over. It got pretty crazy. People eventually went home (it was about 2am at the time).

Yesterday was definitely a memorable day! The Farewell Party was emotional and fun and the After Party was just fun and crazy. A great way to end the program! I still have today left which I look forward to because I'll be having my last get-together with my host family. We're going to get sushi for dinner :3 It's going to be fun and delicious! I just hope I don't end up crying when they drop me off and say bye to me :( oh gosh......

No comments:

Post a Comment