Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween Party!

Last Friday we had a Halloween Party! And it was fun! Now, it's probably not a party you are thinking of (or is it?). There was no dancing, drinking, or some other stuff  you see at parties. Instead, it was more like a little get together thing where we spent most of the time playing games and chatting with each other at the tables we sat at. I'll explain more in detail...

The party was held at the school cafeteria (probably why there was no alcohol, though, some people did pre-game before). All the female exchange students had bought kigurumis (animal onesies) and wore those as our costumes. They are the best thing ever, btw =3 I still wear mine around my apartment XD One of the guy students dressed up as a nanpa man (lol) and another dressed as a ninja. The one other guy didn't dress at all. The tutors also dressed up! There was a basketball ref, a vampire, a witch (I think? haha), one of the guys dressed as mario, oh and a couple of the tutors also had kigurumis! There was a tiger, kappa, stitch (my tutor was stitch x3), and chip! (from chip and dale). So adorable x3 Actually, we weren't the only ones wearing kigurumis. Some of the Japanese students who came also had kigurumis! (Quite popular lol). There was a Halloween Stitch (just a black-colored stitch with some halloween features), pikachu, a Japanese mascot that I totally forgot the name of. Half the people who were there were wearing kigurumis XD lol but of course there were other interesting costumes as well! Some people painted their faces. There was a zombie santa XD hahaha

When the party started we all had to sit down on the tables which were split up to have 6 people at each table. We exchange students had to split up so we could talk with the others more. I ended up at a table with 3 people I already knew lol but it was nice talking to the Japanese students who sat at our table =D I love meeting people! They were super nice ^_^ 4/6 of us had kigurumis XD lol

After chatting with the people at our table the first event started. The first thing we did was play a marshmallow game. Basically, how it works is there are marshmallows that are tied so that they are hung. You split into teams according to our tables. The object of the game is to eat the marshmallows without using your hands. I didn't volunteer to participate because the marshmallows were tied a bit too high for me so I wouldn't be able to reach them XD Actually, I  helped tie the marshmallows and I even tied it way above my reach. I even tried jumping and I couldn't reach them lol oh the sad life of being short XD but it's ok. I took pictures which was fun :)

After the marshmallow game we sat back at our respective tables and continued to chat while the next game was set up. So, the next game I'm not really sure what it's called, but it's basically where two people wrap toilet paper around one person. The objective of the game is to be the first ones to completely cover your partner in toilet paper. Naturally, I volunteered back I'm small hahaha One of my friends said we were cheating because I was the one being wrapped XD she's way taller than me hahaha but the referees didn't say anything. I don't think we ended up winning anyways. Actually, I don't think I ever found out who one lol Being the one getting wrapped was easy. I just stood very still while my partners wrapped me. It seemed they had trouble at first because the toilet paper we used were bought at the 100円 shop (~$1) so they pretty flimsy and weak, but they managed to make it work! They also had to wrap my head so I couldn't see throughout most of it. There was a little opening that I was able to see through and all I could see were people watching. I don't think they noticed that I could see them lol After it was done everyone who was wrapped ended up getting bombarded by photos lol I guess it was pretty amusing haha


The last game we played was pinata! This was actually the first time for most of the Japanese students. This is also the first time they've heard of it! I was surprised. They were surprised when I told them it's quite a popular game in America. It looked like they  had a lot of fun watching since most of the people who participated were exchange students and the tutors lol The pinata was made by two exchange students, btw. They did a really good job! Maybe a little too well lol After everyone who volunteered hit it candy still didn't fall out lol so one of the ones who made it just ripped it open and let all the candy fall. Most of the Japanese students didn't capture the idea that you're supposed to run and grab as much candy as you could lol They actually took a little while to get to where all the candy was and in the end there was still candy left over on the ground XD So, naturally, I grabbed as much of the leftover as I could lol They looked like they still had fun, though! Wait to they actually see kids play it and how crazy they get when the candy falls hahahaha

Before we ended the party the exchange students and tutors had a surprise for the other students. Thriller Dance! I didn't participate because I suck at dancing :P Instead, I played as DJ (ok so I just pushed the play button on the ipod) and photographer. The idea of doing the dance only came a couple of days before the party and I'm sure they didn't practice all at once. But it was still fun to watch! Especially when more than half the people dancing were wearing kigurumis lol



No comments:

Post a Comment