Monday, November 19, 2012

1 Month Left

I have about one month left in Japan. Time really did fly by fast. I'm really sad that my time in Japan is coming to a close. I had so much fun and had so many great experiences while studying abroad here. Of course, there were also some downs and struggles. I'm excited to see my family and friends in the US again, but I will really miss the new friends I made here. I'm really glad I chose to study abroad despite the cost. It's a once-in-a-lifetime chance for me so I didn't want to pass up the opportunity. Plus, I got to spend time in a country who's culture I love so much. Looking back, I'm really glad I chose the Tsuru program. Even though it was short and it's in an inaka (rural area) it was still one of the best experiences of my life. I mean, I've done so much like climb Mt. Fuji, participate in a parade, participate in a tea ceremony, go to Kyoto, etc. I will never forget this experience and in the 1 month that I have left I hope to create more. When I go back to the US I'll continue to remember the fond memories I've had here. I just hope I don't suffer through withdrawals when I'm back in the US. I hope I don't end up crying on the whole plane ride back.

(In the next post I will write about my trip to Tokyo and Yokohama this past weekend)

No comments:

Post a Comment